Medical Malpractice Law Firm
1819 Elm Street Manchester, New Hampshire 03104
Our client was badly burned while using a piece of camping equipment indoors. He suffered burns, impaired eyesight, and lower extremity weakness following the incident. A manufacturing defect is thought to have caused the equipment to have malfunctioned.
The case settled for $4.5 million.
Our client, a 69-year-old man, suffered painful vision problems when his right eye was implanted with the defendant’s defective intraocular lens on January 22, 2003. The lens contained micron frost defects from the manufacturing process, yet it was distributed nationwide for implantation in persons who needed lens replacement surgery. Our client, a retired drill sergeant, had been married for forty years and was working as a commercial truck driver during retirement. This defective intraocular lens caused him to suffer from extremely aggravating and painful eye problems, accompanied by vision difficulties for more than eleven months. The man eventually required insertion of smart plugs, as well as an intraocular lens exchange. The painful vision problems caused the plaintiff to lose his commercial drivers license, significantly reducing his independence. The man continues to suffer from ongoing blepharitis and other vision difficulties following corrective surgery.
The parties settled prior to filing suit for a confidential amount.